SQL request and speed ? II

Thierry Nauze ohmitou at wanadoo.fr
Thu Aug 25 21:20:54 CDT 2005

Hello,

I have two versions of my program : the first with a database
Valentina 2 and the other one with a database RealSQL.
The base contain the same data. The SQL requests  are the same and
their treatment also.

Only to fill  a cursor (with 1 element taken in a table of 2000
records), with this request:

" SELECT * FROM noms WHERE id>0 AND nom NOT IN (SELECT DISTINCT nom
FROM individus) " _
   +"AND nom NOT IN(SELECT DISTINCT nom FROM alias) ORDER BY nom "

Valentina 2.05fc12:     9 seconds
RealSQL:                      0.13 seconds !

It is an example among the others !

Regards,

--
Thierry NAUZE        Saint-Denis de la Réunion