question on what type of field to use

Damon Pillinger daisychain at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 23 10:10:48 CDT 2005

Hi guys,

I am changing the user setting section now and want to know what would
be the best field type for a printersettings string

pagesetup=new printerSetup
pagesetup.setupString=printscmstring    <--- this is the string
g=openprinter(pagesetup)

The string contains text and any other characters i.e. chr(0) to
chr(255).

In the past I have had to UUENCODE the string before saving to ensure it
stays in the correct format but with Valentina I might not have to do
this.

What is the best string field?
Usually a field of type string does not do the job unless it is
UUENCODED, well using RB DB anyway.

Thanks

Best Regards

Damon L. Pillinger