Installing Valentina on clients computer

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 22 08:37:08 CDT 2005

On 8/22/05 2:32 AM, "Damon Pillinger" <daisychain at iinet.net.au> wrote:

Hi Damon,

> I tried to install my first Valentina program on a clients system, very
> excited.
>
> I asked them to copy the "Paradigma Software" folder (which is what we
> on my computer) to their "C:/Program Files" folder. This is obviously
> wrong as they get a error message. Where should it go?

It not works?

Because also it needs add into PATH variable path to that folder.
Otherwise Windows do not see dll in the VComponents folder

> I don't want to put the DLL's into the main directory as then I have to
> explain what they are and how to hide them, also there is a greater
> chance of someone deleting them.

Okay, but then you should do next:

    use not "Paradigma Software" name but YourSoftware name

        ProgramFiles/MySoftware/VComponents

In fact VComponents also can have other name.

And again you need set PATH variable to this path.
Later you can make installer which will update PATH variable.