V4MD port to OSX Trouble

Andrew Sinning andrew at learningware.com
Thu Aug 18 11:02:00 CDT 2005

Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>MacOS have tons of error codes, and Valentina do not have strings for them.
>Also I did NOT find any MacOS function which can return string for MacOS
>error code.

I would recommend then that you report this back as "System error
$some_number, unable to resolve to string", and not as "No Error".  To
me, "No Error" implies that there have not been any errors, not that
there is no string corresponding to an error which did infact occur.
I'm really kind of mad about this.  There's just no point in having
error reporting as a function of your application if it doesn't work.