SQL request and speed ?

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Wed Aug 17 06:34:05 CDT 2005

Am 16. Aug 2005 um 21:37 Uhr schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:

>> but question still stand, why is Valentina 2 so much slower as
>> Valentina 1.
>>

> I think it is NOT so much slower.
>
> Can be affect of changes in behavior, which developers do not realize.
>
> * for example in v2 if you set flag fUnique or fIndexByWords,
>     this DO NOT means that field already indexed.
>
>     so such code will do non-indexed search
>
> * OR Valentina 2 do not create index on non-indexed field as did v1.
>     instead it just do non-indexed search

Okay. Are IDs already indexed?
Whats happen with VObjectPtr?

>> #641 shows differences in V1 to V2 too.
>> With this performance I can't tell my users to move from V4RB1 to
>> V4RB2.
>>

> Actually it seems Frank, have told that for him v2 do searches
> FASTER than
> v1 did ...

I know, that this is also true, but this doesn't helps me with the
situation, that reading from cursor and writing into ListBox is now 2
times slower as it was before with same code in V4RB1.
To Use DataGrid is not a solution, because the problem is the same.
With DataGrid V1 is faster as V2 too.

It would be nice, when performance could be one important stept for
next releases.
#641 is the most important part of my application and it is 2-3 times
slower as in V4RB1. Users looks very strong on performance, and won't
accept slower usage of this application part. I can't compensate this
with much faster other parts.

bye

Claudius

--
G4/733 QS / MacOS X 10.4de / RB 5.5.5/ Valentina 1.10.0 & 2.0.4
Homepage    http://www.ClaSai.de