V4MD port to OSX Trouble

Andrew Sinning andrew at learningware.com
Tue Aug 16 13:26:49 CDT 2005

I'm in the process of trying to port a project developed under Windows
to OSX.

The following sequence crashes Director

sql = "SELECT * FROM questions"
theCursor = new(xtra "VCursor", GetRef(dbConn), sql, kClient, kReadOnly,
kForwardOnly)
put ValentinaErrorString()
  -- "No Error"
if GetRecordCount(theCursor) = 0 then <-- THIS IS THE COMMAND that
crashes Director.

I am able to open this database under the "Valentina Carbon"
application.  (But I have to say it's a pain in the butt that it doesn't
recognize the windows extension .vbd), and I am able to view the table
"questions" under the "Valentina Carbon" application.

I am using V4MD_Carbon.Xtr version 1.11, which is the same version that
the database was created in under Windows.

Since I get "No Error", I'm not sure where to start.

Please advise.

Regards,

Andrew