Fiberlink VDB Update Escape Character Issue

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Aug 16 10:38:09 CDT 2005

On 8/11/05 8:53 PM, "ERawlins at fiberlink.com" <ERawlins at fiberlink.com> wrote:

Hi Eric,

> Ruslan,
>
> I have an issue regarding escape characters, and have been unable to find any
> information in the documentation. The links on the support website for
> discussion groups are no longer active, so I'm turning to email support.

Sorry, what links you mean?
Forum?

It is protected from public, because this is forum only for VDN members.

> I am attempting to execute a query similar to the following:
> Update SomeTable set SomeColumn = 'c:\test\' where SomeColumn = 'test'

ok

> In the above example the backslash in the directory name is escaping the
> single quote in the set clause, so the where clause is not working. The only
> information I can find on escape characters says how to escape a single quote.

> If memory serves normal SQL requires using escape characters for backslash
> ('\\') to avoid problems like this but valentina simply logs two backslashes.
>
> How can I NOT escape the single quote in the above scenario.

Right, it needs escape as single quote so back slash itself.

Query which you send to Valentina must looks as

  Update SomeTable set SomeColumn = 'c:\test\\' where SomeColumn = 'test'

To escape strings you can use Valentina.EscapeString() method