timeout problem with "large" table

Ivan Smahin IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua
Thu Aug 11 18:43:24 CDT 2005

Hello jda,

>>Yes, I increased it to 250MB...while I calculated that the whole table with
>>all records would be about 40 MB. Even if it was the cache, why would I be
>>able to change/delete records fast?
>>
>>Florian

j> I think I recall Ruslan saying that in V1.x increasing cache beyond a
j> certain point (100 MB? I don't remember) may actually slow down
j> operations. I'd try playing with it and see. I think Ruslan is away
j> -- maybe Ivan or Igor has some more insight.

Actually I'm not aware in 1.x, but I heard the same thing.
So, you could try to decrease the cache size.

 Ivan                            mailto:IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua