[V4RB] table classes syntax

Peter Salomon peter.salomon at gmx.net
Tue Aug 9 22:37:56 CDT 2005

Hi Ruslan and all,

i have a "classes way" project in rb, what imlements that i have all
valentina classes (VDatabase and VTable) in the "Project"
environment. Now i want to work with my tables anf fields of course
by accessing them from windowscripts.
The usual way seems to be - thats the way the examples  work - to get
access to fields by:

str = myDatabase.MyTable.Field("myfield").getString

so far so good - but i would prefer to use the names (stored as
properties in the table classes) from any window.
like:

str = mytable.myfield.getstring

this sounds cosmetic - but the advantage would be that rb "helps" me
remembering the fieldnames.
can i use table classes directly in this way? the compiler tells me
that the methods do not exist...(this error came when i tried to do:
mytable.RecID = 1)

regards,
peter