Question about Valentina for RealBasic

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
Fri Aug 5 21:27:06 CDT 2005

On 8/5/05 7:17 PM, "INTERSOFT DE EL SALVADOR" <ventas at intersoftsv.com>
wrote:

Hi Enrique,

> I have a question, I have an application with only one window, but I use
> the pagepanel control to put multiple pages.

> Every page has editfields, comboboxes and I need to connect them to my
> ValentinaDatabase. I want to know the best way to make it. Is better use
> classes in this case?

And each page should preserve its state, yes?

2 ways:

1) SQL way:

    you make one (or even more) cursors for each page.

    so you have selection of some records, and current position.

2) API Way:

    each page keep some Vset (BitSet or ArraySet) as selection.
    and may be Iterator to keep position.

ADVICE to all:

I think you can just use SQL way.

API way should be used or in very simple cases or in some quite complex
tasks where it is important to get max possible case.

In Average case just use SQL way .

> One more question, I was reading the classes way examples, there is a
> method called constructor inside the class that create the table.

More correct to say:
    create instance of table in RAM.

Constructor do not create table on disk.

> Is posible to create a method inside the class that reads the data from one
> pagepapanel and sent the data to the valentina database?

Of course.

> Do you have an example like this?

Well, I think many examples have a pair of methods:
    PopulatePanes, CollectPanes.

They can work with Cursor or Vtable. Idea is the same.