methods

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 10:35:21 CDT 2005

I've never really used field methods (is that the right term?)
before, but I've come to a point where I need to implement one, and
I'm totally clueless as to how to do it.  I guess I just need a few
examples or something of how exactly to make it work.

I have a table called Classes with a field called ClassName of type
VarChar and another called Reading of type Boolean.  What I want to
do is append a small string '(HR)' to those ClassNames where the
field Reading has a false value.  So in my method field I want
something like:

Concat(ClassName, ' (HR)') WHERE/IF Reading=false

Is that possible?  Is my syntax way off?  I just haven't found much
documentation on how to put together the calculations for method fields.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally