v4rb2.0.3fc5 difficulties

Robert Nichols robert at formworkdesign.com
Sat Apr 30 20:57:50 CDT 2005

Is anyone testing this version with the new vServer of the same release?

I'm getting nowhere. I got all excited, thinking my problems were
solved when I noticed the VServer_Embedded.ini file establishes the
listening port on 15433. Doesn't the client use 15432 by default?

Anyway, changing the .ini file to use port 15432 didn't help anything.

I'm just trying to run the classes_way example "table_create" in server
mode. I've changed gClient to TRUE in the exampletools.rbo module, but
trying to run the example, my debug app shuts down at the vDatabase
constructor:

VDatabase(host, user, password)

I don't even get to the point where I try to connect to the server. RB
seems aware of the vDatabase class. Other than checking for that, I'm
lost. Has anyone achieved success with this? Anyone willing to try
"table_create" with the v4rb client on a Mac.

Another thought - is the fact that I'm now testing the embedded version
of the server significant? When I fire it up in the Terminal, as I did
with vServer (not embedded), the Terminal reports a successful start.
I'm assuming there is no significance in this test that Ruslan has
given us vServer_Embedded, and not the stand alone vServer.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Robert