ADVICE PLEASE: themes for tutorials

info at vallemediatime.com info at vallemediatime.com
Tue Apr 26 11:53:59 CDT 2005

Hi Rulslan,
great question :-)

In the many Valentina's examples we can see useful steps for learn and
tested Valentina... but I think that they are too basic.
I must work in really applications...

For me I ask you to make a example or tutorial thinking about a little
really DB like this or similar:
e.g.
One DB with 3 tables (few field for each table) and two link binary-data
T1 = STUDENTS
Fld = FirstName, LastName...

T2 = COURSES
Fld = CourseName

T3 = INSCRIPTIONS
Fld = Request, Done, Deleted

Link1_STUDENTS_COURSES  (M:M)
Link2_COURSES_INSCRIPTIONS (1:M)
---

I want link any students to a one or many courses but with a control for 4
courses at max...
Each courses can accepted 25 students...

Searching data e show tables for e.g.
Search a Student: get all courses where he is iscripted
Search a course: get the lastName of all the students that are iscripted
Total number of student for each courses... and so on
Delete one Student: update the entire DB.

In a really example you can suggest us the better API or SQl way to make it.
I know that this work need's much time, but I believe that this is the
actually basic standard for learn the db developing.
Best regards,
Paolo