v4rb...client exists for VServer_Office?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Apr 26 10:19:04 CDT 2005

On 4/26/05 6:13 AM, "Robert Nichols" <robert at formworkdesign.com> wrote:

> 2) Tonight I tried to get my v1 database files working with
> VServer_Office. After fussing a bit, changing their version numbers and
> modifying my master.db to use 'sysname' instead of 'name', I got the
> server to run.

> Is there a v4rb plugin that works with this? I haven't
> seen a v4rb_client v2 mentioned anywhere, and the current v4rb plugin
> (2.0.3fc4) doesn't know anything about a VServer class (despite the
> fact that there is an example within the v4rb download that utilizes
> the VServer class).

Valentina for REALBasic 2.0 and
Valentina for Director 2.0 and all future products

Do not have separate client version now!
You will use the same V4RB plugin to connect as to local so remote dbs.

Magic is that now in the VComponents folder you can see 2 DLLS

        kernel_xxx
        vclient_xxx

NOTE: 2.0.3 release will know Vserver class.

    actually 2.0.3 + Vstudio b5 going to resolve a lots
    of Vserver 2.0 issues.

Igor have redo protocol to handle both ANSI and Unicode strings,
 also he have implement that we can get from Vserver strings of errors,
 but not only error codes, and so on.

Again, strings can be converted into encoding which have claim client
On connect.