v4rb...client exists for VServer_Office?

Robert Nichols robert at formworkdesign.com
Mon Apr 25 23:13:32 CDT 2005

I've been tiptoeing around all the new Valentina items for a couple of
weeks now, trying to get oriented. I'm not a real developer - I just
work on one app to serve my own architecture office. Sometimes I don't
see this list for a few weeks and, boom, I find myself behind on the
latest topics.

So, after trying to figure out all the v2 stuff - I have to confess
that I'm very confused and need a little help.

1) Valentina Studio (Mac) cannot connect to a VServer_Office db? Is
that correct? (If so, that doesn't help one's efforts to figure out the
system!!)

2) Tonight I tried to get my v1 database files working with
VServer_Office. After fussing a bit, changing their version numbers and
modifying my master.db to use 'sysname' instead of 'name', I got the
server to run. Is there a v4rb plugin that works with this? I haven't
seen a v4rb_client v2 mentioned anywhere, and the current v4rb plugin
(2.0.3fc4) doesn't know anything about a VServer class (despite the
fact that there is an example within the v4rb download that utilizes
the VServer class).

I guess the short question is, if up until now I have been developing
Valentina version 1 for use with VServer in a shared environment, is
there currently a path for me with v2? This isn't clear to me. I
shouldn't be spending any time with v2 right now if my only option is
to develop for single-user local db.

Thanks a lot. Always a pleasure working with Valentina and
participating (mostly being helped) on this list.

Robert