V4RB2 bug 648, new system of catch error

Olivier vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Mon Apr 25 11:46:37 CDT 2005

Hi list,

This bug is important and slows down ENORMOUSLY all the operations of
Valentina as soon as an exception (an error, a doubloon...) is caught.

We do not know if it is the system of error of Realbasic that is the
cause or if it is a problem of Valentina.
Does anybody know enough the database of Realbasic to make a small test?

It would be necessary to add for example 30 000 records WITHOUT
doubloons in a base and to measure the performance.
And redo a test by adding 30 000 records but this time with for example
5000 doubloons (among 30000) and measure the performance.
In the second case, It is necessary to catch the generated error every
time we try to add a doubloon.
Are the performances very different?

Naturally, the test is to be made on a field with a "unique" parameter.

thank you

olivier