[V4RB 1.2] extrange problem with Windows 98

Guillermo guillermo at parsec.info
Sun Apr 24 16:50:29 CDT 2005

Hello

I have a client that uses my RB application with Valentina 1.12, he
have Windows 98, Valentina have estrange problems searching, works
fine creating the database, appending records and retrieving them
except when the select have a "where" clause.

For example, I have a table named "table" with field named "field1",
there are several records one of them have the value "test" in the
field.

select * from table  - returns all records without problem
select * from table where field1 like '%test%'   - Return the record
with field1 equals "test"
select * from table where field1='test'   -  Don't return any
record !!!!

The database have a lot of tables and near half of them have this
kind of problems, I deleted the index file without success; if I copy
the same database to another computer all works fine even if the
other machine also have Windows 98 (same version).

Somebody have had a similar problem?

Best regards

         Guillermo