[SQL] V4MD 2 - Version 2.0.2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Apr 23 11:27:46 CDT 2005

On 4/23/05 3:57 AM, "Christopher Bishop" <CBishop at alfred.com> wrote:

Hi Christopher,

> Programming is going well now, and I'm almost complete in adjusting for
> Version 2.

Excellent!

> For some reason, I cannot connect to Valentina Server from Director.  I
> can connect to a local database with no problems, but when I try to use
> VServer to set up my master.vdb file, I get:
>
> #ERR_STREAM_READ_ERROR if I try to use my own port number 15551
> #ERR_CONNECTION_ERROR if I try to use port 15432
>
> When Valentina Server is running in Debug mode (in a command-prompt
> box), I get no connection messages even on Level 3 debugging mode.
>
> This is my command:
> server = new( Xtra "VServer", "localhost", "sa", "sa", 15551, 5, "")
>
> I was able to connect fine with Valentina Server beta.

Please check our examples.

Look into shared cast Valentina Globals.
Here we move out all duplicated code which use all examples.

Igor say that you should use

db = new(Xtra "VDatabase", #kClient, "localhost", "sa", "sa", 15432, 5, "")

Or for Vserver Xtra

server = new( Xtra "VServer", "localhost", "sa", "sa", 15432, 5, "")

So it seems you do correctly.
Of course use your port number.

Please check our examples.

In few days we expect 2.0.3 release, and Igor will add more examples on
Vserver Xtra.