V4RB2 bug 648, new system of catch error

Olivier vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 21 11:55:54 CDT 2005

Hi Ruslan and list,

Did you look at the bug 648? ( V4RB)

I think that it is an important bug IF all the operations of Valentina
are VERY slow by the capture of error of Realbasic.
In my example (see mantis), if I makes an import, for example of 80 000
records, but that there are 2000 identical records, while the "unique"
parameter is enabled, the operation will take dozens supplementary
minutes! (Because of the catch of error)

If I remove the new system of catch of error and what I puts back the
old, everything is fast and there is not problem anymore.
There is a solution? Or it is necessary to use the old system of error
to increase the performances?

thank you

olivier