V4WS phenomenon

Sven Deichmann deichmann at werkbank.com
Thu Apr 21 11:34:06 CDT 2005

Hello,

we have got some strange problems here and I hope someone can give me a
clue what it could be that is going wrong.

We experience some strange behaviour with Websiphon (2.0.9) and
Valentina for WebSiphon which run on Mac OS 9.2.2 as acgi within Webstar
4.5.

Apart from the fact, that you can crash the whole server by accessing
non-existing Cursors or something like that, we get Runtime errors
stating certain fields do not exist that in fact are there.

The newest and strangest phenomenon was, that after a fresh compile a
script is executed without any problem, but if it already was compiled
in an access before, the script failed with a runtime error (valentina
error for valGetField "no such field" on a blank line)

Today this problem seems to have vanished. But I don't want it to happen
again.

What would you suspect is going wrong?

Another problem we experience is, that Websiphon eats more and more RAM
while running. I have written a script that quits WebSiphon if that goes
above certain limits, but thats only a dirty workaround...

Regards,
Sven Deichmann

   Information nimmt Gestalt an... - <http://www.werkbank.com>
Werkbank Multimedia GmbH * Bergstrasse 152 * 44791 Bochum * GER
Fon: +49(0)234/ 935386-03  * Fax: 935386-06 * mail at werkbank.com