[SQL] V4MD 2 - Version 2.0.2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 20 10:18:11 CDT 2005

On 4/20/05 6:46 AM, "Christopher Bishop" <CBishop at alfred.com> wrote:

Hi Christopher,

> Now that it's working, I have some problems with sqlselect.
>
> uCursor = db.sqlselect("select * from updates") works fine.  However,
> uCursor = db.sqlselect("select date from updates") does not work.  uCursor
> becomes void.

Problem is that DATE is key word of Valentina 2 SQL.
You cannot use keywords for field and table names.

Rename it as fldDate

> uCursor = db.sqlselect("select * from updates", 1, 2) does not work if using
> local DB.

Christopher, in V4MD 2.0 you can use symbols as constants.
Please do that. Because I do not remember what 1, 2 means

Write code as:

 uCursor = db.sqlselect("select * from updates", #kServer, #kRead)

> Do I have to have 2 different statements for local or server databases?  I
> tried

> uCursor = db.sqlselect("select * from updates", void, void), but it does not
> work.

This not correct of course.

> Any ideas?

I still not see full task.