[V4RB] moving to Valentina 2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Apr 17 09:58:08 CDT 2005

On 4/17/05 5:48 AM, "Anna Kritselis" <akritselis at earthlink.net> wrote:

Hi Anna,

> I'm still having trouble understanding how to use classes - maybe I should
> give up and use RB API.

Do not use RBDB!!!! It is bad IMHO.

If you have problems with classes you can not use,
Look into folder API Way. Here there is no classes!

But IMHO classes simplify coding of applications!
So let's continue to find where you have problems.

> I was doing well, though, with 1.x - it was making
> sense and seemed more consistent.  I think it would be helpful if you could
> take one of your 1.x projects - maybe the two or three table - and update them
> to work with a Version 2 database.

WE HAVE 2 such projects. Folder
    Examples/1_x_Examples

> In BinaryLink you have dbCLass.

You mean Examples/ Classes_way/ BinaryLink ?

> I don't understand:
> why there are two Constructors with the same name

Because first is to work with LOCAL disk dbs,
Second to work with remote Valentina Server database.
You can see that they use different parameters.

You can use only first form if you not going to use Vserver.

> why AffiliationTbl has name = "tblAffiliation" and AdminTbl doesn't

    wow! This is mistake. Name must be in both.

    actually this is not my example, and I did not polish it.
    I have correct it already.

> when I try to add a table and use name = "tblCLassroom" I get an error - no
> method or property

I think I know where is mistake.

- You mean that you add NEW CLASS into project, right?
- after this you should choose in in project and in the property window
    assign for it parent class to be "VTable"

I think you have not made this, so your class of course do not have property
"Name"

> In Link_ObjectPtr_Recursion, I get a compile error on Create in
> mDatabase.Create(f, 4,,32 * 1024) - this method or property does not exist.
> After you type mDatabase and press the [Tab] the only options are Constructor
> and mPerson.

I will check this example

> InTable_Create.rb in Window1 - PushButton2 and Pushbutton4 have mDatabase.Open
> and mDatabase.Create.  In your new pdf you say that these commands don't
> return anything.

    mDataBase.Open( f )

So what problems? I have not understand...

> FYI, the Valentina.DebugLevel was the problem causing the slowdown in
> Record_AddDelete...

Okay, this is normal, it helps in debugging.