V4MD WIN ShockWave package uploaded

Sean Wilson snw at paradise.net.nz
Mon Apr 11 16:00:24 CDT 2005

>Hi Director users,
>
>     http://paradigmasoft.com/en/products/developer/adk/V4MD
>
>On this page you can download Windows version of Director SW package.
>
>This is V4MD Client only. It require Valentina Server.
>
>Please inform us how it works for you.

Sorry for not testing this earlier, but it doesn't work for me.

What I did:
1). Created an entry in my xtrainfo.txt file for the package like so:
[#namePPC:"V4MD", #nameW32:"V4MD.x32",
#package:"http://paradigmasoft.com/download/V4MD_2_win"]
2). Created a new director movie, added the V4MD.x32 xtra in the Modify ->
Movie -> Xtras dialog, de-selected and re-selected the "Download if needed"
checkbox for this xtra so that it would ping the download URL and validate
the packages (ignoring the warnings about not finding packages for classic
or carbon)
3). Published this movie and uploaded it so that I could load it into my
browser, which I did
4). Tested this movie in both Explorer and FireFox - in both browsers the
status bar indicates it's contacting paradigma for the xtra. Looking in my
system's temp folder I can see the w32 package streaming in
5). Complete package downloaded but the xtra isn't extracted/installed nor
am I presented with the (expected) Verisign dialog

My guess is that it's failing at the Verisign stage, but I can't tell for sure.

What I was *really* interested in was how you deal with dependencies on
VComponents and VEngine. Without being able to test this until the xtra
installation issue is resolved, can you comment on whether the xtra depends
on these libraries? Can you provide the raw unpackaged xtra for download so
that I can place it in the Shockwave support folder myself and test it?

Thanks,
-Sean.