[V4RB2] Time trials vs. MySQL

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Apr 8 10:09:33 CDT 2005

On 4/8/05 9:51 AM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

>> V4RB is really fast, but with 2.0.1 it is in my tests slower as 1.10.
>> SQL to fill cursor takes between 2-3sec in 1.10 it was 0,5sec
>> Reading from Cursor and filling listbox takes between 1,8-2,9sec in
>> 1.10 it takes maximum 1sec.
>>

> Considering that SQL code in V2 is no longer custom developed by
> Ruslan, how realistic is getting performance anywhere close to what
> V1 had?  I expect improvement but I doubt V2 will ever be so fast.

> Having to give up some performance may be a tradeoff of having a more
> standard-compliant parser, though.

I think we have many chances, Robert,

1) ANTLR developer promise that 3.0 will be much faster of 2.7

2) we SELF can yet profile ANTLR and try improve it.
    I have see major problems in their code.
    I have told them many times.
    but they just say:
        way want correctness.
        optimization is devil...

Few guys on their list have told they was able easy enough speed up ANTLR in
5-8-10 times doing some tricks.