[V4RB2] Complete contents of a field

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Apr 7 09:28:58 CDT 2005

On 4/7/05 7:49 AM, "Kem Tekinay" <ktekinay at mactechnologies.com> wrote:

Hi Kem,

> Is there a way to get the contents of a field of every record in a table
> without iterating over the whole table?
>
> For example, if my data is:
>
> Zip_Code    City        State
> 10002       Something   NY
> 10003       Elsewhere   NY
> 10004       Destiny     NY
>
> I would like to be able to ask Valentina to give me every City and get an
> array that looks like ("Something", "Elsewhere", "Destiny"). If that command
> could be restricted by a VSet, even better.
>
> Is there such a thing?

I afraid I have not understand question.

1) I do not see sense return ARRAY from V4RB.
    btw, REAL do not allow this for now.
    plugin cannot build array

    and even if we could, what sense ?
    to reduce number of lines in code ?

    what will happens if you catch million items ?
    you see why this is bad ?

2) Vset .... What you mean ?