VCursor question

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Apr 7 01:26:36 CDT 2005

On 4/7/05 1:19 AM, "Gregory Kowalski" <gregkowalski at earthlink.net> wrote:

Hi Gregory,

> V4MD2 MAC
>
> I have this:
>
> gDB = new(Xtra "VDatabase", #kLocal)
> query = "SELECT * FROM Atable"
>
> gMyCursor = new(Xtra "VCursor", gDB, query)
>
> reccount = gMyCursor.RecordCount

> Can someone please tell me why  "recordcount" gives me an error?
> Director gives me a #recordcount PROPERTY NOT FOUND error.
>
> If I use   gmycursor = gdb.sqlselect(query) it works OK

Gregory, gdb.SqlSelect() -- this is new CORRECT WAY.

The first way you show

    gMyCursor = new(Xtra "VCursor", gDB, query)

Is deprecated. We have use it in the V4MD 1.x.

All other products use DB.SqlSelect() way,
Which is logical. We say:

    Hey database. Please do this SQL query
    and give me cursor as result of it.