V4MD, UTF8 & javascript ???

b.seurot b.seurot at laposte.net
Wed Apr 6 16:03:32 CDT 2005

Yes, I use javascript in director, because I have to work in UTF-8 and Lingo does not support it.

Valentina = new xtra("Valentina"); is the syntax for javascript
(the syntax for Lingo is Valentina=new (Xtra "Valentina"))

the problem seems to come from the function init()
Valentina.init(8*1024*1024, "", "");
so :
- Valentina is not compatible with JS syntax
- or the function is not the same in JS and in Lingo

note : for exemple, with the FileIO extra,this exemple works :
obj = new xtra("fileio");
ret=obj.openFile("path", 0);