V4MD, UTF8 & javascript ???

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 6 15:27:48 CDT 2005

On 4/6/05 11:15 AM, "b.seurot" <b.seurot at laposte.net> wrote:

> Is it possible to manipulate a Valentina database with the javascript syntax ?

IN MACROMEDIA Director ?

> I tried, and don't success... for exemple, these simples :

> Valentina = new xtra("Valentina")
> Valentina.init(8 * 1024 * 1024, "my_mac_key", "my_Win_Key")

> the first line give me a valid object, but the second line give me an error :
> "Valentina.init is not a function"

You work in the Director ?

As I see this is LINGO....so why you have ask before about javascript ?

Aha, Igor say, that Director 2004 have support of JavaScript and Lingo.
I do not think that JS will be able use V4MD Xtra.
Only If Macromedia self can call any Xtra ?

Anybody know?

Java Script can use ANY Xtra automatically ?
Or must be made some special work ?

FYI: One of our developers have start integrate Valentina an JavaScript.
Primary task for Valentina studio. Also I think we will use this in the
Vserver as "stored procedures language".