Accessing a Vdb on a locked volume - addendum

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Apr 5 12:57:14 CDT 2005

On 4/5/05 12:51 PM, "Giulio" <giulio at cantoberon.it> wrote:

Hi Giulio,

I afraid with CD can be still an issue(s).

Just yesterday was fixed bug in Compressed BLOBs, which could affect also
work with CD.

We will again all test here with CDs.

> following my post about trying to acces a valentina DB from an
> REALBasic app having both burned on a CD or DVD, I've found a on the
> documentation a db property called isreadonly:
>
> "Returns TRUE if this database is read only, i.e. it is located on the
> locked volume or files  of databases are marked as read only."
>
> So can I assume that a db can be opened only for read from a burned
> support, right?

YES OF COURSE.

Only for Read.

> But then how can I avoid to have an exception opening such a db?

I think this is bug.

Tell me please which field types you use ?
Do you use compressed BLOBs? Pictures?
Do you use SQL? Joins? GROUP BY ?
Any other info ?