[V4MD Mac] importText

peter salomon peter.salomon at gmx.net
Tue Apr 5 11:05:22 CDT 2005

hi all,

i have a txt file, generated by EXCEL, export as TAB separated text.

to fill one  table of my database i use cursor funktion "importText".
this works nice so farr. i get the complete table in correct order

but my records contain wrong encoding words like "m%ller"

i tried do to
1.
setting db.encoding to "utf-8"
import txt via importText:
--> records contain wrong encoding words like "m%ller"

2.
converting txt file to utf-16 using mac´s TextEdit
import txt via importText:
--> records contain wrong encoding words like "m%ller"
--> order of columns is wrong

so - what ca i do to import my excel sheet into Vtable correctly? any ideas?