[V4RB2] Unable to make stand-alone apps

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Apr 2 10:17:13 CST 2005

On 4/2/05 2:08 AM, "Kem Tekinay" <ktekinay at mactechnologies.com> wrote:

> I can't compile a standalone application in REALbasic with V4RB2. Or,
> rather, I can, but it won't run on a Mac that does not have V4RB installed.
> Such a Mac gets an assertion failure.
>
> I've confirmed that this is because it is looking for the VComponents
> folder. This is a bug, right?

NO.

You need

- make myapp folder

- put here My Application

- copy right here files from VComponents folder.

So you will get in your folder many files.
You should send to user this folder.

We cannot drop the whole VComponents folder int myapp folder
Because Mac OS do not search for DLLs in the subfolders.

Future we will try improve this issue.

Jon, am I right?
This is how you distribute your Bookends?