[V4RB2] Speed or not speed ?

Thierry Nauze ohmitou at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 1 17:44:58 CST 2005

sunshine at public.kherson.ua a écrit le 1/04/05 :

>On 4/1/05 3:26 PM, "Thierry Nauze" <ohmitou at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
>I have not catch:
>
>   - without locale FR it works much faster ?
ONCE but no TWICE

>   - what parameter force second time to be 80s ?
NON

Method:
I create a database with, in other tables, a table 'individus'
with several fields of which:
 id = new vUMedium ("id", evFlag.fUnique)
name = new vVarChar ("name", on 1022)
The database is without 'locale'.

I quit the program and I verify with V. Studio *:  the field 'id' is
indexed. Why?

I launch the program and
I import data from a file of type text.
I launch the request on more than 5000 records : 2.5 s

I quit the program and I verify with V. Studio *:  the field 'id' is
indexed...
Abd the field 'nom' also ! Why?

I launch again the program
ant try again the same request : 105 s !!!!

I modify program.
Before the loop, I add:
zeBase.mIndividus.id.isIndexed=false zeBase.mIndividus.nom.isIndexed=false
And I try agin the resquest: 118 s !

* So that V. Studio does not modify databases, all the checks are made on
copies.

Regards,

--
Thierry Nauze               Saint-Denis de la Réunion