[V4RB2] Speed or not speed ?

Thierry Nauze ohmitou at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 1 16:26:08 CST 2005

sunshine at public.kherson.ua a écrit le 1/04/05 :

>On 4/1/05 2:08 PM, "Thierry Nauze" <ohmitou at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
>>> * How many iterations in this loop?
>>
>> More than 5000

With a datbase of 263 records,  results are the same: 0,032 s

>>> * Have you set search fields to be index ?
>>>
>>>    v2 will NOT index field on search and will do NON-indexed search.
>>
>> NO, not of my part :      nom = new vVarChar("nom",1022)
>> But Valentina Studio say YES (!) : field 'nom'  ... indexed
>> Why this difference ?

>Valentina 2 can index field self only if you have made SORT on it

zeBase.locale="fr_FR"  ?

In V4RB1, the field is : nom = new vVarChar("nom",504,"French")

A new database with more than 5000 record and
without  zeBase.locale="fr_FR"  ...   : 1,6 s  !!!!
The field is not indexed before the test.

I leave and launch again the application  : 80 s
Between two tests, the field 'nom' was indexed.

Precision: in this case (condition) is " id > 0 " where id:
        id = new vUMedium ("id", evFlag.fUnique)
It is also indexed without my knowledge!

Regards,

--
Thierry Nauze               Saint-Denis de la Réunion