Group BY: what's wrong with this?

Ivan Smahin IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua
Fri Apr 1 10:36:10 CST 2005

Hello michael,

Friday, April 1, 2005, 2:14:17 AM, you wrote:

mg> Yes, I agree with your point. However, it still leaves me without a
mg> fast workaround. :c)

Indeed, some RDBMS has soft restriction regarding GroupBy, but  AFAIK
there is no magic - just all select-list elements placed into
group_by clause implicitly.

I think here is no advantages at all. Moreover such query seems to be a wrong
( and it's really wrong ) for others.

Actually it might be not so usual case because - what the reason to have the table
which has so much the same data? Would you think about normalizing?

 Ivan                            mailto:IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua