Import ascii Problem V4MD 1.11

Roland Hildebrandt r.hildebrandt at sbt.fr
Wed Sep 29 17:38:41 CDT 2004

Hi all,

I heard a few minutes ago a new build of V4MD will be done. That's fine !!!
I know it's a little bit late but maybe this will be done for next build !!!

The problem we encounter is that importascii don't work if there is a text field in the table.
On windows, director 8.51, V4MD 1.11 (same with 1.10)

This means all works fine importing a text file if there no text field in the table.
But if there is a text field then nothing happens but no error message.

If we replace all text fields by varchar then all works fine.
This problem is quite blocking for us as far as we import all our data trough text files. By now we have to replace all text fields by varchar.

I have build a simple test project to show.
I can send it to you now, Ruslan, if it can help.

Best regards
Roland HILDEBRANDT