[V4MD] Retrieve Picture field crashes Mac OS X 10.1

Nathan Friesen nfriesen at dyton.com
Mon Sep 27 12:59:03 CDT 2004

I have a Director application which uses a database that has a picture
field in every record. My application retrieves and displays the
picture field, and a few text fields one record at a time, and appears
to work without problems on Window, Mac Classic, and some versions of
Mac OS X. In some versions of OS X though, it appears that retrieving
the picture field causes the application to crash. Unfortunately, the
crashing isn't very consistent. Usually the application crashes right
after opening, but sometimes it will open and load the first image, and
occasionally I'll be able to get through a few records before it
crashes. I've been able to crash it consistently on three different
computers running OS X 10.1, but it appears to run without problems on
my development computer running OS 10.3.5.

I'm using Valentina Xtra 1.10, and Director MX.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Does anyone have suggestions on
where to start looking, or what I may be doing wrong? And is there more
information I could provide that would be helpful? Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nathan