[V4MD] 1.11 Carbon bug?

Daniel Crowder daniel at monumental-i.com
Sat Sep 25 23:20:48 CDT 2004

I hope this problem is me :(

The bottom line is that the following works in 1.10 but not in 1.11 on
OSX using director:

on mousedown me
   o=p_DB.obj_editor.active_cat_list[1].sequence
   set query = "SELECT *, RecID FROM categories WHERE
RecID="&p_DB.obj_editor.active_cat_id
   set dbCursor = new( xtra "VCursor", GetRef(p_DB.db),query,1,3)
   UpdateAllRecords(dbCursor, [#sequence:(o-1)] )
   dbCursor=0
end

I was trying to figure out what was wrong for hours trying to
understand why this was working in author mode but not in the projector
until I realized that my authoring application was using
V4MD_Carbon.Xtr 1.10 and the projector (using an external Xtras folder)
was using V4MD_Carbon.Xtr 1.11

Basically the above, which is pretty standard code, doesn't work using
1.11 in either authoring mode or compiled into a projector while in
1.10 it works fine.

Ruslan, email off list if you want code or my AIM address to walk
through anything.

What was changed in 1.11 again? Should I roll back?