Problem with cursor

Michael Bierly mbierly at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 25 18:27:08 CDT 2004

I'm having a problem here that I hope someone has an answer for what
I'm doing wrong. If you look at the REALbasic code snippet below; my
problem is that when the SqlSelect executes to populate the curData
cursor, the cursor remains Nil. I've verified that the statement being
generated is correct. Is it not possible to have nested cursors?

Regards,
Mike Bierly

   ' Declare the local variables
   Dim Sucessful As Boolean
   Dim curAsp As VCursor
   Dim curData As VCursor
   Dim LibrarySize As Double
   Dim intCount As Integer
   Dim intMultiplier As Integer
   Dim intRank As Integer
   dim az As String

   ' Reset the library status bar
   prgbarObjects.Value = 0
   prgbarObjects.Refresh
   lblLibraryStatus.Caption = "Step " + strStep + " of " + NumberOfSteps
+ " : Ranking libraries by ASP"
   lblLibraryStatus.Refresh

   ' Perform all of the setups and initializations
   intMultiplier = intLibraryCount / 100
   intCount = 0

   curAsp = mDb.SqlSelect("Select Distinct Asp From LibrariesBuild")
   Sucessful = curAsp.FirstRecord
   Do
     intRank = 0
     curData = mDb.SqlSelect("Select LibraryName, LibrarySize, RankInAsp
 From LibrariesBuild Where Asp = " + Trim(curAsp.Field(1).GetString) + "
Order By LibrarySize Desc" , kV_Client,kV_ReadWrite, kV_Indexed)