Valentina : VCursor.importText problem on Win/ works on mac [SOLUTION]

Aldwin Pollefeyt realbasic at datalinesolutions.net
Thu Sep 23 11:45:59 CDT 2004

Ruslan,

Thanks for the help, but it was in an other place.
After checking every byte,eol, every character, I discovered
accidentally the problem.

Solution : close the textinput in windows, this isn't necessary on Mac
This now works on Windows and mac.  (our cvs-files always have
Windows-EndOfLines)

> 'amount of files to import
>   j=ubound(importFiles)    'importfiles(-1) as string
>
> 'converting each file seperatly
>   for i=0 to j
>
>     'clean the table     'SQLTables(-1) as string / PPDB as VDatabase
>     testSQL=app.PPDB.SQlExecute("DELETE FROM "+SQLTables(i))
>
>     'copy the file changing the EndOfLines
>     myFolderItem=targetFolder.child(importFiles(i))
>     myTextInput = myFolderItem.OpenAsTextFile
>     myTextInput.Encoding=Encodings.WindowsLatin1
>     firstFromFile=myTextInput.readline
>     firstFromFile=replaceall(firstFromFile,chr(9),chr(44))

''''''''''''''''''THIS LINE IS NECESSARY ON WINDOWS

     myTextInput.Close