V4RB - vServer Begin again

erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Tue Sep 21 11:17:01 CDT 2004

on 21-09-2004 10:40, Ruslan Zasukhin at sunshine at public.kherson.ua wrote:

>> Hi Ruslan,

>>> But what privileges should be on your opinion ?
>>>

>> I have no opinion here... just asking
>> but now that you ask, yes I think these are correct
>> since the vServer is running as root process
>> all files it creates are owned by root (system)
>>
>> of course this means that if you want to start server from terminal
>> you must be logged as root or use sudo keyword
>
> I think I am able run Vserver from terminal without switching to root.

you can do that only if masterdb and other registered dbs are owned by user
or you assign them r/w privileges for all users/groups i think

but as I see, vServer is quite greedy on assigning privileges right now
i.e. files it creates will be owned by owner of the process it is running in
and read only to any other

Cool Runnings,
Erne.