Updated Tutorials for RB

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Mon Sep 20 10:29:38 CDT 2004

Greetings,

When was the last time the tutorial for learning how to get Valentina
to work with REALbasic was updated?

I'm working exercise one and during compile, I'm coming across errors
that look like RB has gone someplace that Valentina is not aware of.
E.g., the Action for deleting a record as written in the tutorial is as
follows:

Sub Action()
	mDataBase.mPerson.DeleteRecord
	PopulatePanes
End Sub

However, during compile, I get an error message tells me I must use the
result of the DeleteRecord call. Modifying the code to read as follows:

Sub Action()
	result = mDataBase.mPerson.DeleteRecord
	PopulatePanes
End Sub

...apparently corrects that problem. The implication being that
something has changed in RB that Valentina is aware of, but Valentina's
tutorial is not reflecting. Are there other situations like that in the
tutorial I've got?

Also, I think it would be a good idea to make that comment about adding
the ValentinaUtilities object to the RB project folder, early on.

Regards,

Chuck Pelto