VServer beginner questions

erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Mon Sep 20 16:54:25 CDT 2004

on 20-09-2004 16:19, Ruslan Zasukhin at sunshine at public.kherson.ua wrote:

>>> Not sure.
>>>
>>> In ideal we must make this work.
>>
>> Vale Studio crashes on connection attempt...
>> it crashes also if I remove a registered database from the Databases
>> folder
>
> Strange, it works for me and others.
>
> You can discuss this on Valentina Studio list

I mean vStudio crashes
1) if I put an alias into Databases folder instead of original registered DB
file
2) if I remove a registered database from the Databases folder

It works fine if I don't do any of the above ;-)

>> BTW why "localhost" string doesn't work in V4RB client and I must pass
>> "" to connect?
>
> Don't know.
>

>> one last question,
>> what's the correct privileges settings for MasterDB and other DBs in
>> Databases folder?
>
> Depend on what you want I think.
>
> If you want protect files from network then do that.
>

>> Installer sets it as owned by System and read only for everybody else
>> and I see this settings also when I create a new DB in example
>> (which BTW I can't make to properly work since I can't see any of the
>> DB contents, it crashes the server with Bus error on DB.RecordCount
>> call)
>
> Erne, I do not understand.
> Do this
>
> * install server
> * install V4RB_Client
> * run example of V4RB_Client.
>
> Works?

that's what I did
depends on what you mean by works,
I had to change manually the privileges set by installer
to make it work in vStudio
RB does not crash but
I can't see the contents of the created demo database
(Server crashes in the terminal with Bus error on populatePanes method when
DB.RecordCount methos is invoked)

well, I'll try a fresh new install and try to be more precise in my reports

Cool Runnings,
Erne.