Bad segments when updating TEXT field that isn't indexed

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Sep 18 13:09:41 CDT 2004

On Sep 18, 2004, at 12:35 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 9/18/04 10:02 PM, "Trevor DeVore" <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using the VXCMD with Revolution and have a TEXT field in a table
>> that was continually being corrupted after making updates to it (using
>> SQL).  The field was not indexed and after turning indexing on in the
>> field it isn't being corrupted after updating anymore.  So my question
>> is whether or not a TEXT must be indexed in order to function properly
>> or if this is a bug in the VXCMD?
>
> Of course no!
>
> It is strange what you say...
>
> May be you have made searches on that TEXT field and Valentina self
> build
> index? Although this also must not cause problems.

I made the updates on a fresh version of the database which had not
been searched.  The tables and records were created from SQL statements
(custom importer from a MYSQL export).  I then opened the program that
modifies the data, updated some data, closed the program and the data
is corrupted.  If I turn on indexing in the field before opening the
database in the editing program then the data is not corrupted.

Perhaps it is a bug in the XCMD then?

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia