[V4RB] VPicture challenges - solved! :)

Pedro fp lists at pedro.Net.au
Thu Sep 16 10:02:23 CDT 2004

G'day Ruslan et al

Thanks for all your help. Stephan's clipboard suggestion got my photos
in & after many trials I'm now seeing them in my application.
In the end it turned out to be because I had the compressed flag set to
true. I don't know why that should have been a problem but I'm glad
enough to have the problem gone.

On 14/09/2004, at 3:22 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> I mean
>
>     "PutFormatedPict(inPictType as Integer, inPictData as String)" },
>

> But to use this function you must read picture file into memory AS IS.
> Do not use OpenAsPicture() -> it will convert to PICT.
>
> PutFormatedPict() expect that you will give ready JPG.

Judging by change in the size of my blob file I had got the pictures in
passing theFile.openAsTextFile.readAll for inPictData but then had no
idea how to convert the returned by getFormatedPict into a viewable
picture. By then I'd also found Stephan's suggestion to work so I stuck
with that.

Cheers, Pedro :-)

Web: <http://www.pedro.net.au>                    PGP Key ID: 387CD96F
Instant messaging...  AIM: bandidoOfOz  ICQ: 27671678  Jabber: pedrofp
                       MSN: mail at pedro.net.au           Yahoo: pedro_fp
"If there are four people who work five days a week, what would happen
if they all
decided to work four days a week? You would have a four day a week job
for five
people, instead of a five day a week job for four people - as simple as
that!"

Hugh Mackay