Removing database from vServer

Kevin Windham kevo at gatorgraphics.com
Tue Sep 14 14:48:20 CDT 2004

On Sep 14, 2004, at 1:44 AM, Igor Gomon wrote:

>> I turned verbose up to 3. This is what I see now when unregistering
>> the DB.
>> 14:13:54.059861 (42059776): (16) Database: <none>; User: sa: OK
>> 14:13:56.957275 (42053120): (16) Unregistering database 'my
>> database1': OK
>> However, when listing the databases the database 'my database1' is
>> still in the list. Not sure what the problem is at this point, but it
>> appears to be in the server somewhere.
>
> Then I will need small test project from you that reproduces the
> problem. Can you make it and then send it to me?
> Please, specify also the version of the RB client plugin and version
> of VServer you are using.

I think I have some more info on this problem. It seems that the
unregister method on VServer is successfully removing the database info
from the VServer object, but when you call a refresh, it comes back
again. So it would seem that the server isn't actually removing the
database record from the master.vdb, and that refreshing pulls the
record from the master.vdb and restores it in the VServer object.

Kevin