Removing database from vServer // errors

Kevin Windham kevo at gatorgraphics.com
Tue Sep 14 08:40:04 CDT 2004

On Sep 14, 2004, at 1:26 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 9/13/04 10:04 PM, "Kevin Windham" <kevo at gatorgraphics.com> wrote:
>>
>> I cannot find a way to catch an error from the unregisterDatabase
>> method. It doesn't appear to have a return in the docs, and there
>> doesn't appear to be an ErrNumber property or getError function on the
>> server object. There is a property for the database object, but I
>> don't
>> see how that can apply in this case.
>>
>> Maybe I'm wrong, or this just hasn't been implemented yet.
>
> You need check db.errNumber.

There is no db? I have a VServer object and call
pVServer.UnregisterDatabase "My Database1".
I don't have a db object to check the error code. All I have at this
point is a VServer object. Maybe an error code could be added to the
VServer object?

> V4RB 1.x model of last error code act in fact like errCode is global.
> Although we give API as db.err
>

> In 2.0 we have exceptions instead so model become 100% logical.

This sounds like the solution. How far away is an alpha/beta of the 2.0
version?

Kevin