Removing database from vServer

Igor Gomon giv at tlc.kherson.ua
Mon Sep 13 21:39:42 CDT 2004

Hi Kevin,

> Anyway, I then wanted to remove the database. So I ran the Valentina
> Server Utility project and hit unregister. The database was still listed.
> I ran it in debug mode, and it doesn't seem to have any errors, although I
> could not find a last error property on the VServer object so I am not
> sure if there was an error or not.
>
> The docs don't say too much about this that I can find. From what I can
> tell the unregister command is what I need, but it doesn't seem to be
> working.
>
> Any thoughts?

If you unregister database that has connected clients - then it
will not be unregistered immediately. Warning message is also written
to the log file telling you about this. It's then just marked as "waiting
for deregistration". Its (database) entry will be automatically removed
from the "master" database by VServer after last client disconnects it
(database).  Also (at least in C++) method UnregisterDatabase() returns
boolean,
indicating whether database is actually unregistered or not or is it just
marked.
If there was any error raised during unregister process then you
should get it (in C++ exception is raised but in RB you should use
usual way to check for last operation success - I mean
Valentina.GetLastError() or something like this - I don't remember).

Igor Gomon
e-mail: giv at tlc.kherson.ua