Removing database from vServer

Kevin Windham kevo at gatorgraphics.com
Mon Sep 13 13:44:43 CDT 2004

On Sep 13, 2004, at 12:20 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 9/13/04 8:14 PM, "Kevin Windham" <kevo at gatorgraphics.com> wrote:
>>
>> I deleted the DB files. And the unregister call always succeeds in RB.
>> I don't get an error, but then I am not sure how to check for on
>> either.
>>
>> After opening the master.vdb in Valentina, I can see the My Database1
>> is still listed. Is there no way to tell the server to unregister and
>> delete the DB files. I think this is possible in MySQL. It is easy to
>> create a new DB file on the server, it seems it should be similarly
>> easy to get rid of one.
>
> I have not understand.
>
> We have unregister.
> If it not work for you then this is other question.
> We need check that to see where is problem.
>
> Unregister simply close db and remove record about it from master db,
> It NOT trash disk files.  May be we need todo this.

Yeah, it was a separate issue, but I think it is important for the
server to be able to trash the DB files. Otherwise someone has to
connect to the server through some other means and delete the files by
hand. That is not very convenient.

Unregister doesn't work for me also, but I am going to tinker with that
a little more. I need to turn up the logging I think, because the
command executes but it doesn't appear in the log so I'm not sure yet
if it is the server's fault, V4RB's fault, or the project itself.

I'll post when I find out more.

Kevin