[V4MD] 4 files or 1

Daniel Crowder daniel at monumental-i.com
Mon Sep 13 01:05:41 CDT 2004

Just a quick question (that I'm sure has been addressed a multitude of
times). I've read that having 4 files making up your database is a bit
better as it reduces your chances for having the data corrupt. However,
what about speed? Is a single file database any slower than one split
into four files?

I am creating an application that will check a server to update it's
data. It simply replaces its local database with one from the web
server. I'd like to have a single file but will go through the extra
trouble of programming around four files if everyone thinks its worth
it.

Daniel Crowder
Partner

Monumental