Problem with CONVERT RDBLINK

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Sep 9 15:02:37 CDT 2004

On 9/9/04 12:52 PM, "Aldwin Pollefeyt" <realbasic at datalinesolutions.net>
wrote:

Hi Aldwin,

> Hello, here is the little test project.
>
> The import happens in wImport.doImportPrintPlus.
>
> Thank you very much for helping me out.

You have

testSQL=app.PPDB.SQLExecute(
    "CONVERT RDBLINK Klanten.nummer=Contact.Klantnummer INTO Klant_Ptr")

So as I see you have

                    Klanten.ID = Contact.PTR

But in Valentina SQL pdf is written

    CONVERT RDBLINK tableB.Ptr = TableA.Key INTO [tableB.]ObjectPtr

> NOTES:
> 1) Ptr and ObjectPtr fields MUST be in the same tables of course.
> 2) Order tableB.Ptr = TableA.Key is important.
> Reverse order, KEY, Ptr will not work.

Note point 2.

So to make it work you need change order

testSQL=app.PPDB.SQLExecute(
    "CONVERT RDBLINK Contact.Klantnummer = Klanten.nummer INTO Klant_Ptr")

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com